Welcome to Nodd! Here is a quick summary of the highlights of our Terms of Service:
- Our mission is to empower professional growth and strategic learning by promoting interest-based experiences and enabling peer recognition – through cutting-edge technology & IP, globally.
- You own the content that you post; you also grant us and other users of the Nodd platform certain rights and license to use it. Details are described below.
- You are responsible for the content that you post. This includes ensuring that you have the rights needed for you to post that content and that your content does not violate the legal rights of another party (for example, defamation) or any applicable laws.
- You can repost content from Nodd elsewhere, provided that that you attribute the content back to the Nodd platform and respect the rights of the original poster, including any “not for reproduction" designation.
- We do not endorse or verify content posted by users. Our content and materials are provided to you “as is," without any guarantees. You are solely responsible for your own use of the Nodd platform. Posts from lawyers, doctors, and other professionals should not be treated as a substitute for professional advice for your specific situation.
- We offer tools for you to give feedback and report complaints. If you think someone has violated your intellectual property rights, other laws, or Nodd's policies, you can initiate a report at the contact us portal.
We are pleased that you want to join the Nodd platform and encourage you to read the full Terms of Service.
Nodd Terms of Service
Welcome to Nodd! Nodd is an invite-only platform that invites influencers – leaders, visionaries, entrepreneurs, connoisseurs – from diverse backgrounds, to come together for a confluence of ideas and conversations.
These terms of service (“Terms of Service") sets forth the agreement (“Agreement") between you and Nodd Ventures Private Limited (“Nodd", “we" or “us"). It governs your use of the products and services we offer through our website, mobile applications, events, meetups and other hosted experiences (collectively the “Nodd Platform").
Please make sure to read it, because, by using the Nodd Platform, you consent to these terms.
Nodd's mission is to to empower professional growth and strategic learning by promoting interest-based experiences and enabling peer recognition – through cutting-edge technology & IP, globally.
Using the Nodd Platform
- Who Can Use It. Use of the Nodd Platform by anyone under 18 years of age is prohibited. You represent that you are at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you live or, if you are not, your parent or legal guardian must consent to this Terms of Service and affirm that they accept this Agreement on your behalf and bear responsibility for your use.
- Acceptable Use Policy. In your interaction with others on the Nodd Platform, you agree to follow the Acceptable Use Policy at all times.
- Termination. You may close your account at any time by going to account settings and disabling your account. We may terminate or suspend your Nodd account if you violate any Nodd policy or for any other reason.
- Changes to the Nodd Platform. We are always trying to improve your experience on the Nodd Platform. We may need to add or change features and may do so without notice to you.
- Feedback. We welcome your feedback and suggestions about how to improve the Nodd Platform. Feel free to submit feedback at contact us portal. By submitting feedback, you agree to grant us the right, at our discretion, to use, disclose and otherwise exploit the feedback, in whole or part, freely and without compensation to you.
- Definition of Your Content. The Nodd Platform enables you to add posts, texts, photos, links, and files to share with others. All material that you upload, publish or display to others via the Nodd Platform will be referred to collectively as “Your Content." You acknowledge and agree that, as part of using the Nodd Platform, Your Content may be viewed by the general public.
- Ownership. You, or your licensors, as applicable, retain ownership of the copyright and other intellectual property in Your Content, subject to the non-exclusive rights granted to us below.
- License and Permission to Use Your Content.
- By submitting, posting, or displaying Your Content on the Nodd Platform, you grant Nodd and its affiliated companies a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, publish, transmit, store, display and distribute, and otherwise use Your Content in connection with the operation or use of the Nodd Platform or the promotion, advertising or marketing thereof, in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed). You agree that this license includes the right for Nodd to make Your Content available to other companies, organizations, business partners, or individuals who collaborate with Nodd for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of Your Content through other media or distribution methods. This license also includes the right for other users of the Nodd Platform to use and modify Your Content, subject to our Terms of Service.
- The right for Nodd to copy, display, transmit, publish, perform, distribute, store, modify, and otherwise use any content you post, and sublicense those rights to others, is perpetual and irrevocable, to the maximum extent permitted by law, except as otherwise specified in this Agreement.
- You acknowledge and agree that Nodd may preserve Your Content and may also disclose Your Content and related information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any of Your Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Nodd, its users, or the public.
- You understand that we may modify, adapt, or create derivative works from Your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks, devices, service providers, and in various media. We also may remove or refuse to publish Your Content, in whole or part, at any time.
- You further give us the permission and authority to act as your non-exclusive agent to take enforcement action against any unauthorized use by third-parties of any of Your Content outside of the Nodd Platform or in violation of our Terms of Service.
- Your Responsibilities for Your Content. By posting Your Content on the Nodd Platform, you represent and warrant to us that: i) you have the ownership rights, or you have obtained all needed licenses or permissions from any necessary parties, to use Your Content and grant us the rights to use Your Content as provided for under this Agreement, and ii) that posting Your Content violates no intellectual property or personal right of others or any applicable law or regulation. You accept full responsibility for avoiding infringement of the intellectual property or personal rights of others or violation of laws and regulations in connection with Your Content. You are responsible for ensuring that Your Content does not violate Nodd’s Acceptable Use Policyor other published Nodd policy, or any applicable law or regulation. You agree to pay all royalties, fees, and any other monies owed to any person by reason of Your Content.
Our Content and Materials
- Definition of Our Content and Materials. All intellectual property in or related to the Nodd Platform (specifically including, but not limited to our software, the Nodd marks, the Nodd logo, but excluding Your Content) is the property of Nodd Ventures Private Limited, or its subsidiaries and affiliates, or content posted by other Nodd users licensed to us (collectively “Our Content and Materials").
- Data. All data Nodd collects (“Data") about use of the Nodd Platform by you or others is the property of Nodd Ventures Private Limited, its subsidiaries, and affiliates. For clarity, Data does not include Your Content and is separate from Our Content and Materials.
- Our License to You.
- We grant you a limited, non-exclusive license to use and access Our Content and Materials and Data as made available to you on the Nodd Platform in connection with your use of the Nodd Platform, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Nodd gives you a worldwide, royalty-free, revocable, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to re-post Our Content and Materials anywhere on the web provided that: (a) the content in question was added to the Nodd Platform after February 28, 2017; (b) the user who created the content has not explicitly marked the content as not for reproduction on the Nodd Platform; (c) you do not modify the content; (d) you attribute Nodd by name in readable text and with a human and machine-followable link (an HTML anchor tag) linking back to the page displaying the original source of the content on https://noddapp.com on every page that contains Our Content and Materials; (e) upon request, either by Nodd or a user, you remove the user's name from content which the user has subsequently made anonymous; (f) upon request, either by Nodd or by a user who contributed to the content, you make a reasonable effort to update a particular piece of content to the latest version on the Nodd Platform; and (g) upon request, either by Nodd or by a user who contributed to the content, you make a reasonable attempt to delete content that has been deleted or marked as not for reproduction on the Nodd Platform; (h) you don’t republish more than a small portion of Our Content and Materials. In exercising these rights, you may not implicitly or explicitly assert any connection with, sponsorship or endorsement by Nodd, or any Nodd user, without separate, express prior written permission from us.
- We may terminate our license to you at any time for any reason. We have the right but not the obligation to refuse to distribute any content on the Nodd Platform or to remove content. Except for the rights and license granted in these terms, we reserve all other rights and grant no other rights or licenses, implied or otherwise.
- Permitted uses. If you operate a search engine, web crawler, bot, scraping tool, data mining tool, bulk downloading tool, wget utility, or similar data gathering or extraction tool, you may access the Nodd Platform, subject to the following additional rules: i) you must use a descriptive user agent header; ii) you must follow robots.txt at all times; iii) your access must not adversely affect any aspect of the Nodd Platform’s functioning; and iv) you must make it clear how to contact you, either in your user agent string, or on your website if you have one.
- No Endorsement or Verification. Please note that the Nodd Platform contains access to third-party content, products and services, and it offers interactions with third parties. Participation or availability on the Nodd Platform does not amount to endorsement or verification by us. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any content posted on the Nodd Platform by anyone.
- Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that Our Content and Materials remain the property of Nodd's users or Nodd. The content, information and services made available on the Nodd Platform are protected by Indian, US and international copyright, trademark, and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable.
Integrated Service Provider
More on the Nodd Platform
- Legal, Medical & Other Professional Contributors. Some users who post content are members of legal, medical, and other licensed professions (collectively, “Professional Contributors"). Content posted by Professional Contributors should be not be relied on as a substitute for advice from a professional that is appropriate for your specific situation. Ethics rules differ by state or location, and it is the responsibility of Professional Contributors to determine and provide disclaimers appropriate for their profession and the content provided.
- Buttons, Links and Widgets. You have permission to use Nodd's buttons, links, and widgets, subject to these Terms of Service (including the disclaimers and limitations of liability) and provided that: (a) your use of such buttons, links and widgets link only to the Nodd Platform; (b) you will not modify such buttons, links, or widgets or associated code in any manner; (c) you will not use any such buttons, links, or widgets in any manner which implies or suggests that Nodd endorses, sponsors, or recommends the website on which such buttons, links and widgets are used; and (d) the use of such buttons, links and widgets, and the website on which such buttons, links and widgets are used do not violate Nodd’s Acceptable Use Policy.
- Web resources and third-party services. The Nodd Platform may also offer you the opportunity to visit links to other websites or to engage with third-party products or services. You assume all risk arising out of your use of such websites or resources.
- Services that Require Separate Agreement. Certain features or services may require that you enter into a separate and supplemental written agreement prior to use.
- Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the website. These products or services may have limited quantities and are non-refundable
- We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at anytime without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
- We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
- You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
Reporting Violations of Your Intellectual Property Rights, Nodd Policies, or Applicable Laws
We have a special process for reporting violations of your intellectual property rights or other violations of Nodd policies or applicable laws.
Reports of Other Violations. If you believe content on the Nodd Platform violates Nodd’s Acceptable Use Policy or otherwise violates applicable law (apart from copyright or trademark violations) or other Nodd policies, you may report it by contacting us
We have no obligation to delete content that you personally may find objectionable or offensive. We endeavor to respond promptly to requests for content removal, consistent with our policies and applicable law.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY SINCE IT LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF NODD ENTITIES TO YOU.
“NODD ENTITIES" MEANS NODD VENTURES PRIVATE LIMITED, AND ANY SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RELATED COMPANIES, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS AND PARTNERS, AND THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH OF THEM. EACH PROVISION BELOW APPLIES TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- WE ARE PROVIDING YOU THE NODD PLATFORM, ALONG WITH OUR CONTENT AND MATERIALS AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONNECT WITH OTHERS, ON AN “AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NODD ENTITIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE SERVICE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR TRADE USEAGE.
- NODD MAKES NO PROMISES WITH RESPECT TO, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR: (i) CONTENT POSTED BY ANY USER OR THIRD PARTY; (ii) ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE, THIRD-PARTY PRODUCT, OR THIRD-PARTY SERVICE LISTED ON OR ACCESSIBLE TO YOU THROUGH THE NODD PLATFORM, INCLUDING AN INTEGRATED SERVICE PROVIDER OR PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTOR; (iii) THE QUALITY OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY YOU ENCOUNTER IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE NODD PLATFORM; OR (iv) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT. NODD MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (a) THE NODD PLATFORM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (b) THE NODD PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (c) THE RESULTS OR INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY OBTAIN FROM THE USE OF THE NODD PLATFORM, A PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTOR, OR ANY OTHER USER WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (d) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED OR PURCHASED BY YOU THROUGH THE NODD PLATFORM WILL BE SATISFACTORY.
- YOU AGREE THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NODD ENTITIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NODD ENTITIES SPECIFICALLY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR LOSS OF DATA (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE NODD PLATFORM.
- YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE NODD PLATFORM IS TO STOP USING THE NODD PLATFORM.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NODD’S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES THAT YOU SUFFER IN CONNECTION WITH THE NODD PLATFORM OR THIS AGREEMENT IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID TO NODD IN CONNECTION WITH THE NODD PLATFORM IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART, AND THE FOREGOING SECTIONS 8(c), 8(d), AND 8(e) WILL NOT APPLY TO A RESIDENT OF NEW JERSEY, TO THE EXTENT DAMAGES TO SUCH NEW JERSEY RESIDENT ARE THE RESULT OF NODD’S NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT, RECKLESS, OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
You agree to release, indemnify, and defend Nodd Entities from all third-party claims and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to: i) your use of the Nodd Platform, ii) Your Content, iii) your conduct or interactions with other users of the Nodd Platform, or iv) your breach of any part of this Agreement. We will promptly notify you of any such claim and will provide you (at your expense) with reasonable assistance in defending the claim. You will allow us to participate in the defense and will not settle any such claim without our prior written consent. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. In that event, you will have no further obligation to defend us in that matter.
This Agreement and any action arising out of your use of the Nodd Platform will be governed by the laws of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India without regard to or application of its conflict of law provisions or your state or country of residence. Unless submitted to arbitration as set forth in the following paragraph, all claims, legal proceedings or litigation arising in connection with your use of the Nodd Platform will be brought solely in Mumbai jurisdiction, Maharashtra you consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum.
Changes to these Terms.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction.
You agree that Nodd is operated in India and will be deemed to be solely based in Mumbai, Maharashtra and a passive service for purposes of jurisdictional analysis. For any claims for which arbitration is inapplicable, you agree that such claims will be brought to court of Mumbai, Maharashtra and applicable governing laws, without regard to any conflict of law provisions.
Use Outside of India.
Nodd expressly disclaims any representation or warranty that the Nodd Platform complies with all applicable laws and regulations outside of India. If you use the Nodd Platform outside of the India, you expressly understand and agree that you are responsible for determining compliance with different laws, regulations, or customs that may apply in connection with your use of the Nodd Platform.
The Nodd Platform is controlled and operated from our India office in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Nodd software is subject to Indian controls. No software for Nodd may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of any applicable laws or regulations.
Applications and Mobile Devices.
If you access the Nodd Platform through a Nodd application, you acknowledge that this Agreement is between you and Nodd only, and not with another application service provider or application platform provider (such as Apple Inc. or Google Inc.), which may provide you the application subject to its own terms. To the extent you access the Nodd Platform through a mobile device, your wireless carrier’s standard charges, data rates, and other fees may apply.
The following provisions will survive expiration or termination of this Agreement: Termination, Feedback, Your Content, Our Content and Materials, Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability, Indemnification, Dispute Resolution, and General Terms.
You may not assign or transfer this Agreement (or any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement) without our prior written consent; any attempted assignment or transfer without complying with the foregoing will be void. We may freely assign or transfer this Agreement. This Agreement inures to the benefit of and is binding upon the parties and their respective legal representatives, successors, and assigns.
You consent to receive communications from us by email in accordance with this Agreement and applicable law. You acknowledge and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically will satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Entire Agreement/ Severability.
This Agreement supersedes all prior terms, agreements, discussions and writings regarding the Nodd Platform and constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the Nodd Platform (except as to services that require separate written agreement with us, in addition to this Agreement). If any provision in this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, then that provision will not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Agreement, which will remain in full force and effect.
In construing or interpreting the terms of this Agreement: (i) the headings in this Agreement are for convenience only, and are not to be considered, and (ii) no presumption is to operate in either party’s favor as a result of its counsel’s role in drafting this Agreement.
All notices permitted or required under this Agreement, unless specified otherwise in this Agreement, must be sent in writing to our address.
This Agreement does not create a joint venture, agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between you and us. Except as expressly provided herein, neither party has the right, power, or authority to create any obligation or duty, express or implied, on behalf of the other.
No wavier of any terms will be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Our failure to assert a right or provision under this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
You agree to execute a hard copy of this Agreement and any other documents, and to take any actions at our expense that we may request to confirm and effect the intent of this Agreement and any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement.
Feel free to contact us through Nodd.com/contact with any questions about these terms. Nodd is incorporated under MCA, Government of India, located at 111, Damji Shamji Industrial Estate, Near Paperbox Area, Off Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri East, Mumbai 400093